India Inc. How India’s Top Ten Entrepreneurs are Winning Globally by Vikas Pota is written in form of mini biographies of 10 entrepreneurs of India from 8 diverse sectors.
Those ten entrepreneurs who has put India on world map are
- N.R. Narayan Murty, founder of Infosys Technologies(IT)
- Subhas Chandra, founder of ZeeTV(Satellite Channel)
- Malvinder Singh, former MD and CEO of Ranbaxy(Pharma)
- K.V. Kamath, chairman of ICICI Bank(Banking)
- Kiran Mazumdar, founder of Biocon(Biotech)
- Subramaniam Ramadorai, VC of TCS(IT)
- Kishore Lulla, CEO of Eros International(Film distributor & Entertainment)
- Tulsi R Tanti, Chairman of Suzlon Energy(Green Energy)
- Shiv Nadar, Chairman of HCl Technology(IT)
- Baba Kalyani, Chairman of Bharat Forge(Manufacturing)
Vikas Pota has very diligently chosen these 10 entrepreneurs name. We all know the name of their companies but the person behind it chose to be reclusive. Not much work has been done on them.
Each of them were or are still leaders of their field and are contributing image makeshift for India.
Among these names, all must have heard a lot about Narayan Murty, Kiran Mazumdar and Malvinder Singh as they have been hitting the headlines for one reason or other, mostly good one for their business deals and other.
Each of the chapter is divided into some sections. They are Global Vision, Background, Business, Turning Point, Key Strategy, Indian Perspective, Charity and Family. There are more section added in some of the entrepreneurs according to the need. But mostly above mentioned sections are common for all.
Overall, the mini biographies of all the entrepreneurs are written in same pattern, trying to include as much as possible, giving an intensive and extensive picture. Though it is possible to write a single book on each of them.
Vikas Pota has done a sterling job in bringing out their stories. Among them, I specially liked the stories of Kiran Muzumdar Shaw, Tulsi R Tanti and Shiv Nadar.
Verdict: If you are looking for some basic information about the Indian entrepreneurs then you can definitely start with India Inc. How India’s Top Ten Entrepreneurs are Winning Globally by Vikas Pota.
Books Similar to India Inc